Today our 2-tired terrarium has been sitting by the window for two weeks
These are our observations:
|We observe no growth on the top tier|
|This is the bottom tier. Our elodea doesn't seem like it has grown, and our snails don't seem like they have moved.|
|Here is a picture of our whole 2-tiered terrarium. We noticed that moe condensation has covered the inside of the top tier, and we observed that there is also a fair amount of condensation in between our masking tape and the outside of the bottle.|
- We measured 0.5 cm loss of water from the bottom ecosystem
- We observed no top seed growth in the soil. Our top tier still lacks roots or seedlings.
- Water appears dirty: we observed many floating particles
- We observed more particles on the string
- We observed a leaf floating around bottom tier of our terrarium
- We can see our 3 snails, however, we are infeering that they maybe dead. We've been trakcing their movement (or lack of movement) and have noticed that they have not moved from last week's position
- We observed that the soil is very dry
- We observed that there is condensation on the bottom and top tiers of our terrarium
Additional observations and wonderings:
- I wonder if there is an organism that could help make our water in the bottem tier more clear again.
- I infer that some of our water loss in the bottom tier is due to the condensation that formed on the bottom tier of our terrarium.
- I wonder if any of our seeds will be able to grow into plants in our top tier because the soil appears to be too dry to support plant life?